- 'Angola’s ex-president Dos Santos’ defends his son and ex central bank gov over embezzling US$500 million from Angola's ’s sovereign wealth fund'.
- 'Lesotho’s ruling party gave PM Thabane an ultimatum to resign by yesterday after his wife was charged with the murder of her rival'.
- A GURUVE ZIMBABWE WOMAN (29) SCALDED HER HUSBAND WITH HOT water after he caught her being intimate with her boyfriend in an outside toilet..
- GVT appoints Mass Media trustees, following a 20 year dormant Zimbabwe Mass Media Trust, which interestingly is the majority shareholder in Zimpapers.
- UK: GODFREY ZIMBIZI (23) jailed 18 months after bank customers were tricked out of more than £1million when they were sent texts asking if they’d made a large payment to Amazon, a court heard.
A MAN from Inyathi in Bubi District, Matabeleland North province who allegedly ganged up with his mother and fatally struck his father with an axe before the woman attempted to conceal the murder, has been arrested.
Musawenkosi Ncube (18) who had been on the run after allegedly axing his father Mr Sipho Ncube (42) more than a week ago, a crime his mother Beauty Ncube (40) allegedly tried to cover up, was arrested at the weekend.
Mr Ncube died at Mpilo Central Hospital last Wednesday due to injuries sustained during the attack.
Beauty allegedly attempted to conceal the murder by giving a false report to the police that the deceased was injured after he fell on a rake.
Beauty and Musawenkosi of Mahlabathini village jointly appeared before Bulawayo magistrate Ms Nomasiko Ndlovu facing a murder charge and they were remanded in custody to January 30.
Prosecuting, Mr George Rufumoyo said on January 5, the deceased and his wife had a misunderstanding in which Mr Ncube accused Beauty of engaging in an extra-marital affair with another man.
“The dispute degenerated into a fight resulting in the deceased striking Beauty on the head with a harrow,” said Mr Rufumoyo.
The court heard that when Musawenkosi discovered that his mother was under attack, he picked an axe and allegedly struck his father once on the head. Beauty hit the deceased once on the ribs.
The deceased died three days later at Mpilo Central Hospital where he had been admitted.
It is alleged that Beauty tried to cover up the crime by allegedly lying that her husband was drunk and fell onto a rake.
A report was made to the police leading to the two accused persons’ arrest. Musawenkosi who had been on the run was arrested following a tip off. chronicleWELCOME EVERYONE: 287,770 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘Twitter-@sibungwenor whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:1) Zimbabwe Global News 287,770 Members2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,542 people like this and 24,580 people follow thisManages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,812https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967/videos/10211107528700959/?t=2