- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Zambian immigration on Saturday deported , controversial South African music performer Zodwa Wabantu. This arose after Zambian authorities, vowed she would not be allowed to perform in Zambia as she has a habit of dancing without panties according to her promoter Lucky Munakampe who claimed that no reasons were given for her deportation.
Zodwa Wabantu was due to wow the crowd with her perfomance at an album launch later today on Saturday evening however on arrival at the Kenneth Kaunda international airport she was swiftly deported by Zambian authorities.
Zambia’s religious affairs minister Godfridah Sumaili declared last week that the music performer Zodwa Wabantu would not be allowed to perform in Zambia, a Christian nation where morality and ethics have to be followed.
He said that ‘We don’t expect a woman to dance without underwear’
In 2017 the Zimbabwe censorship board barred Zodwa Wabantu from performing at an annual carnival after a public spirited protest by a local actress Anne Nhira, however the censorship board backtracked and allowed her to perform at a private venue, although Zodwa Wabantu refused to do so in fear for her own safety. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya