- MAUSOLEUM"We want you to lead this country from your grave, while you lie at the National Heroes Acre,” Gucci Grace
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA constructing a mausoleum at the National Heroes' Acre hill top where the former leader will be buried,
- At least 11 HEADS of state, 8 ex African Presidents had by yesterday confirmed their attendance at Mugabe’s State funeral service
- MUGABE , DEAD: 'A diarrhoea outbreak spreads across Harare, with hundreds affected', Harare Health Services dir Chonzi
- 22 injured after kombi with school children did not give way, and collided with a car at the intersection of Luveve and Masiyephambili roads in Emakhandeni, Bulawayo.
National Patriotic Front Spokesperson Jealousy Mawarire has alleged that Econet boss Strive Masiyiwa is a beneficiary of government tenders courtesy of the late General Solomon Mujuru and his wife Joice Mujuru.
Mawarire disputed Masiyiwa’s narrative that his first company was Econet which he started with $75.
Find Mawarire’s full statement below:
By May 1991, Strive Masiyiwa, thru his Co, Retrofit, had already gotten a govt tender to electrify Victoria Falls Airport yet the guy, in some business mentorship forum at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, pretends his first business was Econet which he founded with only $75.
His business links with governments of the day and association with ZANU PF ex-military politicians is well documented. While every Zimbabwean has right of association, it is untoward, especially for a Christian, to be economic with the truth, particularly when wants to inspire others.
Retrofit got tenders to electrify govt buildings which Kuchi Construction owned by Kudenga and Chidhawo built. The Econet issue affected his relationship with General Mujuru who was his business.
It electrified most govt buildings built by KuChi construction owned by now Harare Provincial Minister Chidhawo. Retrofit first contract was a PTC tender to electrify Nembudziya Post office courtesy of Mai Mujuru. The alleged fight between the two is all created to play victim. Vanhu vamwe.
There is more to the guy than what he wants people to say. There is a whole story about Mopani mine which he co-owned with General Mujuru. Someday, someone will tell the story of a PTA bank loan. Source – Byo24News