- BULAWAYO to end refuse collection from Mahatshula, Woodville, Killarney, Emhlangeni and parts of the CBD due to fuel shortages
- DUMISO DABENGWA'S MOTHER was shot dead in cold blood Rhodesian Special Branch forces in 1978 in Gwatemba
- Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals gives an update on explosion at Parirenyatwa hospital
- EX- (Zinara) boss Chitukutuku's US$20m assets frozen as he is given a 30-day ultimatum to account for everything by High Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere
- Tearful Britains 2nd female PM, Theresa May will resign as Prime Minister and Conservative Party leader on 7 June 2019.
National Patriotic Front Spokesperson Jealousy Mawarire has alleged that Econet boss Strive Masiyiwa is a beneficiary of government tenders courtesy of the late General Solomon Mujuru and his wife Joice Mujuru.
Mawarire disputed Masiyiwa’s narrative that his first company was Econet which he started with $75.
Find Mawarire’s full statement below:
By May 1991, Strive Masiyiwa, thru his Co, Retrofit, had already gotten a govt tender to electrify Victoria Falls Airport yet the guy, in some business mentorship forum at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, pretends his first business was Econet which he founded with only $75.
His business links with governments of the day and association with ZANU PF ex-military politicians is well documented. While every Zimbabwean has right of association, it is untoward, especially for a Christian, to be economic with the truth, particularly when wants to inspire others.
Retrofit got tenders to electrify govt buildings which Kuchi Construction owned by Kudenga and Chidhawo built. The Econet issue affected his relationship with General Mujuru who was his business.
It electrified most govt buildings built by KuChi construction owned by now Harare Provincial Minister Chidhawo. Retrofit first contract was a PTC tender to electrify Nembudziya Post office courtesy of Mai Mujuru. The alleged fight between the two is all created to play victim. Vanhu vamwe.
There is more to the guy than what he wants people to say. There is a whole story about Mopani mine which he co-owned with General Mujuru. Someday, someone will tell the story of a PTA bank loan. Source – Byo24News