- THE CATFIGHTS BETWEEN FORMER CELEBRITY COUPLE Tytan Skhokho and Olinda Chapel eascalated yesterday in a public spat that left social media in meltdown.
- NATIONAL EMERGENCY AS CHINA SENDS 'BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS', basically an army of at least 100,000 ducks 4,827 kilometres (nearly 3,000 miles) from the eastern province of Zhejiang to Pakistan, which shares a border with the Xinjiang province. to fight locust infestation that poses a threat to regional food security.
- MALAWI PARLIAMENT ENDORSES the Cannabis Regulation Bill which allows for the farming of the three leaf herb for medicinal purposes.
- A POTENTIALLY HABITABLE EXOPLANET, K2-18b , MORE THAN DOUBLE THE size of Earth, which 'could be habitable' has just been identified.
- 'MDC-Alliance terror activist arrested in UK over a December 2019 video encouraging people to burn down service stations and businesses in Harare that he released.'
The UZ’s Senior Assistant Registrar’s Office did not respond to questions sent to it on Monday regarding the programme. Follow up inquiries with the university’s public relations office also did not yield a response.
Last week, the Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development Professor Jonathan Moyo announced that he had registered for the degree in honour of his late daughter, Zanele.
Zanele, 20, who was found dead in her apartment on October 17 in Cape Town, South Africa, was a first year Political Science, International Relations and Gender Studies student at the University of Cape Town.
Prof Moyo, a political scientist, announced the decision on social networking site Twitter saying: “As one of three things in Zanele’s honour and because she ultimately wanted to be a lawyer, I’m embarking on an LLB to do what she wanted done.”
Youth Development, Indigenisation and Empowerment Patrick Zhuwao; Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere and MDC lawmaker Priscilla Misihairabwi -Mushonga have also enrolled for the programme.
Prof Moyo, describing the part time degree to those who sought clarification about the programme on Twitter said: “A quick check with the Faculty of Law at UZ will reveal that this is a new part time LLBS programme that just started!” by Yoliswa Dube