- 'ZIMBABWE'S RESETTLED FARMERS will no longer get free assistance from government, such as seed, fertiliser, diesel and tractors amongst other agricultural inputs, as the command agriculture programme is "riddled with corruption'-Zimbabwe's minister of finance Mthuli Ncube
- CHAMISA vs KHUPE MDCC-T LEADERSHIP feud is still a major issue in parliarment.
- 'THE ONE WHO FELLED MUGABE' Zimbabwe's vice president RTD Gen Chiwenga has been flown back to Zimbabwe from hospital in South Africa.
- NEW NURSING REQUIREMENTS: Zimbabwe's government has tightened nursing entry requirements.
- ZIMBABWE CONSTITUTION COURT REPEALS SECTION 27 OF POSA and outlaws police bans on protests.
The Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions (ZCTU) secretary general Japhet Moyo has said 16000 workers have been so far fired from the private sector while 3000 have been dismissed from the public sector following the Supreme Court ruling which granted companies permission to fire workers on three months notice of pay.
“It is now 16 000 workers in the private sector who have lost their jobs and only 3 000 in the public sector,” said Moyo.
“The sector which is sustaining the other is the one hit the most. Where is the revenue to sustain the public sector going to come from?” – Source-bulawayo24