- BUS DRIVER HIJACKS AND SETS SCHOOL BUS alight full of handcuffed children 'in retaliation' for migrant drownings
- CYCLONE IDAI VICTIMS (St Charles Lwanga High School students stranded with corpses)
- A woman (67) 'serial stowaway' sneaked past Chicago airport security, and boarded a plane to London without a ticket.
- MDC Alliance dismantling patriarchy towards a people’s movement, and promoting an inclusive people's movement that honours and respects women
- CYCLONE IDAI 300 bodies floating in water, 217 Missing, 102 Injured , 42 Marooned
The Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions (ZCTU) secretary general Japhet Moyo has said 16000 workers have been so far fired from the private sector while 3000 have been dismissed from the public sector following the Supreme Court ruling which granted companies permission to fire workers on three months notice of pay.
“It is now 16 000 workers in the private sector who have lost their jobs and only 3 000 in the public sector,” said Moyo.
“The sector which is sustaining the other is the one hit the most. Where is the revenue to sustain the public sector going to come from?” – Source-bulawayo24