- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
Phillip Chiyangwa’s engineering group, ‘Zeco’ sinks deeper into turmoilThere seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel for Phillip Chiyangwa’s Zeco Holdings. Financial results of the engineering group paint a gloomy picture after its loss widened to $884 000 in the half year ended June 30 from $867 000 in the comparable period last year attributed to a decline in revenue. In the period under review, revenue tumbled to $61 000…Read More