- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
Harare Town Clerk, Dr Tendai Mahachi has been suspended indefinitely. Harare Mayor, Bernard Manyenyeni made the shocking announcement while concluding a full council meeting this evening, citing what he described as unresolved issues. Councillors were as equally shocked with the decision. Deputy Mayor, Councillor Thomas Muzuva said they were never consulted on the matter. After some probing from the media, Mayor Manyenyeni revealed that the indefinite suspension is to pave way for the succession issue…Read More