- RTD GEN VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S EX WIFE, MARRY MUBAIWA WAS YESTERDAY BROUGHT TO COURT IN AN AMBULANCE, carried into the building on a stretcher and then pushed into the courtroom on a wheelchair while on an intravenous injection, after a warrant of arrest was issued against her for failing to attend a court remand hearing on charges of attempted murder and externalising foreign currency.
- Johannesburg. — PRICES OF FOOD AND OTHER COMMODITIES are likely to increase as a backlash from the ongoing attacks on trucks in South Africa forces distributors to seek alternative logistics.
- SOME WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE POURING SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of money through non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to unite feuding MDC factions.
- ABUKA. — 110 RICE FARMERS KILLED BY BOKO HARAM ISLAMIST INSURGENTS in Nigeria’s northeast , a United Nations official said.
- FORMER Finance Minister, Tendai Biti has described as a ‘bank heist', businessman Kuda Tagwirei's reported acquisition of ZB Bank and becoming a major shareholder against the provisions of the Banking Act.
WHILE media reports last year unearthed that President Robert Mugabe’s spokesperson George Charamba, a former board member of Premier Service Medical Aid Society (Psmas), had received US$100, 000 from the organisation, it has emerged that he in fact received US$228 278 between 2009 and 2013 in board fees and allowances — a fortune for a civil servant. According to an Ernst and Young forensic investigation on the use of Psmas funds draft report 2015 addressed to the…Read More