- Amnesty International has called on the Zimbabwean government to drop "malicious" charges against journalist Hopewell Chin'ono and opposition MDC Alliance officials Fadzayi Mahere and Job Sikhala.
- MINISTER of State for Manicaland Provincial Affairs Minister Ellen Gwaradzimba (60) has died from Covid-19.
- ZANU PF FIRST SECRETARY FOR YOUTH AND CULTURE, veteran nationalist Morton Dizzy Paul Malianga (91) died this morning.
- AN ARMY-LINKED MINER, ANJIN INVESTMENTS (Pvt) Ltd, grabbed the most lucrative diamond claim in Marange from a firm owned by the government after being relicensed under unclear circumstances, it has emerged.
- ZIMBABWE'S COVID-19 LIKELY TO ESCALATE as one person is dying every hour in the country due to the respiratory disease, health experts have said. Currently, the daily infection rate has reached the 1 000 mark, as the second wave of COVID-19 ravages the country.
A LOCAL bank has rejected President Robert Mugabe’s teenage son Bellarmine Chatunga’s predatory US$380 000 loan application to fund his obscure businesses and lavish lifestyle as it seeks to contain non-performing credit to politically exposed persons on its books, it has been established. Informed banking sources told the Zimbabwe Independent this week that Chatunga (19) — Mugabe’s last born — approached a local commercial bank, BancABC through its branch in Mt Pleasant last month pushing…Read More