- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
Three of embattled Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s most vociferous supporters have been arrested on allegations of inciting public violence and attacking President Robert Mugabe, his powerful wife Grace, and other senior government officials. The trio – Godfrey Tsenengamu, 33; Godwin Gomwe, 37; and Vengai Musengi, 36 – are part of a tight 14-member youth group that was summarily expelled from the warring Zanu-PF last Thursday, as the ruling party’s factional and succession wars continue to…Read More