- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
The trial of Borman Ngwenya kicked off today at the Harare Magistrate Court with the already convicted, now a key witness, Owen Kuchata revealing that he led a team comprising three soldiers to bomb Gushungo Dairy Farm plant in Mazowe. Kuchata is currently serving his sentence after pleading guilty to the charges and when he appeared as a witness in the trial of his alleged accomplice, he said they wanted to bomb the first family’s…Read More