- HANGING TREEE: Where British settlers hung nine Ndebele warriors more than 100 years ago at the height of the Umvukela (Matabeleland uprisings) in 1896-7, along JMN Nkomo Street between Connaught Avenue and Masotsha Ndlovu Avenue, is a national monument as it symbolises both subjugation and resistance to colonialism by the Zimabwe’s citizens.
- 300 Cowdray Park opposition members mostly defectors from MDC-Alliance joined Zanu-PF during yesterday’s meeting
- Borrowdale road and Harare Drive traffic lights hit-and-run driver arrested after a recording of the incident went viral on social media.
- Financial institutions have grouped under the Bankers Association and resolved not to accept the state-issued 99-year farm leases.
- OPPOSITION party Zapu says it will this week write to Parliament seeking to recall its former members, who are now part of the ruling Zanu-PF.
The Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (RTUZ) President, Obert Masaraure, Programmes Officer, Pride Mkono and a collegue, Pride Gava will appear at Mbare’s Magistrate Court on the 14th and 15th of January 2016. The trio was arrested on 28 December 2015 after suspected state agents had followed them throughout the day when they were having various planning meetings for the January 4 demonstration. On the day in question, Masaraure, Mkono and Gava had gone to…Read More