- UK BASED TELEVANGELIST Prophet Uebert Angel through the Uebert Angel Foundation made a donation to disadvantaged people,at Mai Musodzi HalI in Mbare Harare .
- Hundreds flock to beaches as the "Cummings effect" of Boris Johnson's senior adviser Dominic Cummings gathers momentum
- CHIWENGA SAYS THE LATE FORMER PRESIDENT MUGABE was a murderer but he died so people should not fear death.
- I SAID, PM JOHNSON, will go down swinging, now Douglas Ross, the Conservative MP for Moray, has resigned over Cummings refusal to apologise for breaching lockdown measures
- ZIMBABWE'S Former accountant, General Daniel Muchemwa died, on Sunday morning at Dandaro Hospital in Borrowdale, Harare and the family suspects foul play
The MDC T National Spokesperson, Obert Gutu, has condemned Oliver Mtukudzi’s performance at Mugabe’s Zanu PF One Million Man March on 25 May 2016 in Harare.
Past disheartening and most controversial reports across the media, stated that, journalist and former publicist to legendary musician Oliver Mtukudzi , also a former Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) editor-in-chief ‘ Shepherd Mutamba’ claimed in his book about Mtukudzi that Zimbabwe’s despot President Robert Mugabe had bought Oliver Mtukuzi’s allegiance by giving him studio equipment in October 2010′ worth US87 000
The First family, also reportedly contributed US$5 000 towards Oliver Mtukudzi’s son ‘Sam’s funeral generating greater controversy , as politicians went on to arrange free advertising in lickspittle State media to publicise Sam Mtukudzi’s memorial service
Publiscist Shepherd Mutamba, claimed that the offer was accepted by Oliver Mtukudzi against advice given to him, not to accept the controversial offer by Mugabe’s family, claimed Mutamba.
Mutamba went on to say that amongst the freebies received by Mtukudzi, and controversial links, were, the iconic musician, Mtukudzi performing in 2010 at Grace Mugabe’s son from her previous marriage, Russell Goreraza the first lady’s son, the hosting of a lavish 60th birthday dinner catering for 300 guests for Oliver Mtukudzi in September 2012, by Zimbabwe’s first lady, President Robert Mugabe’s wife, the First Lady’s Grace Mugabe’s team.
Unsurprisingly , hence on, Mtukudzi, was seen to steer clear of criticising the First family or political involvement leading to his involvement now in Independence Day celebrations as from 2011, Christmas party celebrations in at Grace Mugabe’s in December 2012, needless to say that Oliver Mtukudzi’s wife Daisy and the first lady Grace, drew closer to each other as their friendship blossomed.
To the ‘Discerning Eye’ Oliver Mtukudzis toxic association with the Gushungo family, and its oppressive Zanu PF positition, leaves a lot to be desired as the legend, has effectively been silenced and risks tarnishing his ‘global’ status in music. By Sibusiso Ngwenya