- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
THE HIGH COURT JUDGE JUSTICE MANGOFA HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA’S MDC to recover possession of Harvest House Headquarters popularly known as Morgan Richard Tsvangirai House, which were taken over by a faction aligned to MDC-T leader Thokozani Khupe and Douglas Mwonzora on the 4th of June 2020.
THE BLOOD THIRSTY, ZIMBABWE , ZANU PF MNANGAGWA REGIME, is on high alert , after the Amalgamated Rural Teachers Association staged protests in Masvingo yesterday over poor salaries. a…Continue Reading2 SharesLikeCommentShare
Write a comment…
Sibusiso Ngwenya is with Owen Ndlovu and 26 others.
50 mins ·
ZIMBABWES PRESIDENT HAS BANNED the use of mobile money platforms with immediate effect, as a follow up to a threat he made at the burial of national hero Stanley Gagisa recently.
Mangwana said “Ecocash, OneMoney, Telecash and MyCash Mobile Money platforms are all complicit in illicit activities in varying degrees. Ecocash, however, which controls nearly 94% of all mobile money transactions, is the centre pivot of this problem and its resultant impact on Zimbabwe’s economy.
“The impact is exacerbated by the existence of fake counters on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange, which are epitomized by the so-called Old Mutual Implied Exchange Rate (OMIR). This, in turn, results in four or more US:ZWL paratlel market exchange rates operating in the market. At-any time, therefore, there is the official rate, an Ecocash rate, OneMoney rate and the OMIR among others.
“AS the RBZ Governor aptly observed recently, there are multiple contrived phantom exchange rates in use in the Zimbabwe Economy, which conspire to defeat fiscal policy.”