- THE OLDEST PERSON IN BRITAIN, Joan Hocquard (1908-2020) has died at the age of 112.
- LEWIS HAMILTON PASSED VALTTERI BOTTAS TO TAKE A COMMANDING VICTORY IN THE PORTUGUESE Grand Prix and break Formula 1Schumacher's 19 year all-time win
- 83,000 US CORONAVIRUS CASES, 0N FRIDAY AND DONALD TRUMP SAYS the only reason why coronavirus cases are up across the US Is because of the increased testing initiative-duh!
- Annually, October also known as Black History Month is a celebration of achievements of Black people. For generations people of African and Caribbean descent have shaped our story, making a huge positive impact to our global and cultural life,
- US, EU AND UK VIGOUROUSLY DENY CHARGES BY ZIMBABWE'S MILITARY President Emmerson Mnangagwa that sanctions are behind the economic collapse and the general poverty in Zimbabwe.
Born on February 9, 1956 in Mazvihwa near Zvishavane, Hove attended Kutama Mission and Marist Brothers Dete schools before studying at the University of South Africa and the University of Zimbabwe.
At the time of his death Hove was living in exile as the International Writers Project fellow in residence at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies.
Below is the party’s condolence message,
The MDC has learnt with sadness the passing of renowned author Chenjerai Hove who succumbed to liver failure while in exile in Norway yesterday.
The country and literary community has lost a talented, fearless and principled writer who contributed immensely towards the education sector and the struggle for a free and fair Zimbabwe through his writings.
His literary works, particularly where he fearlessly exposed the evil and violent works of the Zanu-PF regime personified the saying, ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’. His outspokenness and courage in taking on the Zanu-PF government over its woeful policies of deceit, favouritism, corruption and gluttonous selfishness will forever be saluted.
The MDC is pained that Hove had to die a painful death in far -away lands, away from his family and loved ones because of the evil Zanu-PF government.
We offer our deepest condolences to the Hove family and hope they find comfort in the Lord at this difficult time. May his dear soul rest in peace.
MDC Secretary for Education by Thobekile Zhou