- GVT appoints Mass Media trustees, following a 20 year dormant Zimbabwe Mass Media Trust, which interestingly is the majority shareholder in Zimpapers.
- UK: GODFREY ZIMBIZI (23) jailed 18 months after bank customers were tricked out of more than £1million when they were sent texts asking if they’d made a large payment to Amazon, a court heard.
- “Ginimbi” who was granted $10 000 bail after 2 week imprisonment has been arrested on a fresh charge in court today where he had gone for routine remand for another matter in which he was recently granted bail by the High court.
- Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) rep to the (EU), Grace Kwinjeh, has resigned from her post to focus on her studies in South America.
- "TAGWIREI IS A DIRTY MAN. I have problems with the way he does politics. I'm not capturable" -Chamisa,
Born on February 9, 1956 in Mazvihwa near Zvishavane, Hove attended Kutama Mission and Marist Brothers Dete schools before studying at the University of South Africa and the University of Zimbabwe.
At the time of his death Hove was living in exile as the International Writers Project fellow in residence at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies.
Below is the party’s condolence message,
The MDC has learnt with sadness the passing of renowned author Chenjerai Hove who succumbed to liver failure while in exile in Norway yesterday.
The country and literary community has lost a talented, fearless and principled writer who contributed immensely towards the education sector and the struggle for a free and fair Zimbabwe through his writings.
His literary works, particularly where he fearlessly exposed the evil and violent works of the Zanu-PF regime personified the saying, ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’. His outspokenness and courage in taking on the Zanu-PF government over its woeful policies of deceit, favouritism, corruption and gluttonous selfishness will forever be saluted.
The MDC is pained that Hove had to die a painful death in far -away lands, away from his family and loved ones because of the evil Zanu-PF government.
We offer our deepest condolences to the Hove family and hope they find comfort in the Lord at this difficult time. May his dear soul rest in peace.
MDC Secretary for Education by Thobekile Zhou