- 'EMBATTLED MDC-T VP Khupe approaches Justice ministry, demanding for US$1,8 million Political Parties Finance Act (PPFA) to be channelled to her faction'.
- APPROXIMATELY 30,000 PEOPLE ATTENDED TODAY'S MARCH AGAINST RACISM IN LONDON in an expression of unity against a rise in racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.
- GRACE MUGABE NOW HAS A NEW GRAND DAUGHTER BORN TO her son Russel Goreraza's South African girl friend Dineo Gwendoline
- ANDREW NGWENYA a.k.a ANDY MURIDZO was hauled before the courts yesterday after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident that damaged three cars.
- A MUZARABANI WOMAN ALLEGEDLY THREW HER SIX WEEK OLD BABY on Wednesday down a blair toilet after a paternity row with her husband .
The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rise, following the death of the opposition leader, after originally threatening to commit suicide if Nelson Chamisa and the late opposition leader’s wife, Elizabeth Macheka attended.
The Methodist Church in Zimbabwe preacher, Jimmy Dube warned Morgan Tsvangirai’s family to avoid washing their dirty linen in public, He also added that Richard Tsvangirai loved Zimbabwe in the 2008 election violence when he decided not to contest the violent 2008 presidential election run and partly why Tsvangirai is an icon of democracy who stood for people’s rights wheny he formed the MDC in 1999.
Amongst dignitaries expected to attend, is Kenyan opposition leader, Raila Odinga who is expected to attend the burial MDC T leader Richard Morgan Tsvangiarai.
We have people who keep arguing that this woman is not Tsvangirai’s biological mother. This might be true, but that does not reduce her say as a parent to a child she raised as her own, a child who never publicly denied her or condemned anything she did or said. Tsvangirai loved her and respected her and by therefore even in death, she to the people is what Tsvangirai demonstrated,..a parent he loved and respected as a mother, so we must all respect that.
This retrogressive mentality is a sick mentality that Zimbabweans should distance themselves from. All adults and peers should teach children that a step parent must never be considered worthless, disrespected, have no say and no recognition in the life of a child she brought up as her own but must instead be respected equally like a biological parent.
The most confusing thing about the MDCT leadership crisis is that Tsvangirai’s step mother is the biological mother to Kenneth Manyonda who beat Tsvangirai in an election for Buhera North constituency. She is clearly someone with split allegiance to MDCT and Zanu pf because of her sons. This is exactly what we are saying about Tsvangirai’s wife Elizabeth Macheka being someone with split allegiance to MDCT and Zanu pf because her father Macheka is the Zanu pf former Mayor for Chitungwiza. All is not well in bothe MDCT and Tsvangirai households More news to follow, By Sibusiso Ngwenya