- Leader of the infamous MDC-T Vanguard, Shakespeare Mukoyi has threatened to "kill MDC-T Deputy Treasurer, Charlton Hwende " if he is not elected as Member of Parliament for Kuwadzana East in the forthcoming elections.
- MDC-T leader Nelson Chamisa yesterday said he was mooting a grand coalition with National People's Party leader, Joice Mujuru, Zapu president, Dumiso Dabengwa and other smaller parties in order to dismantle President Emmerson Mnangagwa and Zanu PF's hegemony
- MDC-T NELSON CHAMISA FAIL TO CONDUCTPRIMARY ELECTIONS IN HWANGEfor the second time in few weeks as internal violence continues to dog the opposition party.
- WORLD CANCER RESERCH FUND (WCRF) suggest that ‘no amount’ of processed meat or alcohol is entirely safe and best advice is cut out bacon and alcohol to reduce cancer risk
- "Ukaona Mnangagwa, waona President, kwete Chamisa"-President Emmerson Mnangagwa's sell-out rally at Murambinda B Primary School,
In what is likely to be a controversial development in West Africa, the whole of Africa and the world as a whole, the US and Niger have reached a memorandum of understanding between them this week, allowing remotely piloted aircraft namely US drones to now be initially armed, at the Niger air base in Niamey where the drones are currently deployed without arms.
The drones, will according the understanding be moved to a Niger air base in Agadez, a place where US troops will also be stationed and according to Pentagon officials the number of US troops in Niger, will rise from 800 currently in place to roughly 500. The air base will be in Agadez. Drones are generally used in the fight against the spread of extremism but civillians worldwide are not happy with the reported civillian deaths resulting from drone attacks. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-A Reaper drone at a French military base in Niamey, Niger, in October. Credit Benoit Tessier/Reuters