- Funeral UPDATE: Tsvangirai's body flown in army chopper from One Commando barracks in Harare to Humanikwa Village, in Buhera for burial tomorrow
- MDC T SECRETARY GENERAL Douglas Mwonzora says MDC T will soon have an an extraordinary congress for the selection of a new MDC T leader and presidential candidate in preparation for 2018 general polls.
- The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai's mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rose
- ' (UZ) VICE CHANCELLOR Professor Levi Nyagura, was arrested on Friday for allegedly fraudulently awarding Grace Ntombizodwa Mugabe a fake Doctor of Philosophy degree achieved in only three months of study'
- FORMER finance minister Mugabes cousin Ignatius Chombo the first minister to be arrested after the ouster of former President Robert Mugabe has been arrested again, this time for allegedly demanding a bribe from a fish farmer.
In what is likely to be a controversial development in West Africa, the whole of Africa and the world as a whole, the US and Niger have reached a memorandum of understanding between them this week, allowing remotely piloted aircraft namely US drones to now be initially armed, at the Niger air base in Niamey where the drones are currently deployed without arms.
The drones, will according the understanding be moved to a Niger air base in Agadez, a place where US troops will also be stationed and according to Pentagon officials the number of US troops in Niger, will rise from 800 currently in place to roughly 500. The air base will be in Agadez. Drones are generally used in the fight against the spread of extremism but civillians worldwide are not happy with the reported civillian deaths resulting from drone attacks. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-A Reaper drone at a French military base in Niamey, Niger, in October. Credit Benoit Tessier/Reuters