- 'ZIMBABWE'S academic certificates now for bond notes and toilet paper under militarised Mnangagwa Zanu pf regime' Wake up Zimbabwe!-Sibusiso Ngwenya
- MDC-ALLIANCE ACTIVISTS AND CIVIL SOCIETY PARTNERS HAVE fled to South Africa for safety.
- ' Zimbabwe, Sudan and DRC were supposed to fall within a week as part of United States' aggressive plan against Africa'. George Charamba
- MDC-Alliance organising secretary Amos Chibaya has joined his fellow lawmaker from Chiwundura Livingstone Chiminya in remand prison
- Zupco buses start plying routes between Bulawayo Central Business District and residential suburbs and provide affordable transport to commuters.
The Welshman Ncube-led MDC has rescinded its earlier plans to forego primary elections to choose party candidates for this year’s polls, saying all aspiring candidates will now be subjected to primary elections serve for cases where there was consensus.
In a statement, MDC spokesperson, Kurauone Chihwayi, said the MDC would only field candidates in the 32 constituencies it was allocated by the MDC Alliance.
“The times and venues for the primary elections which will be free and fair will be announced in due course,” he said.
“The MDC is choosing candidates only for the 32 constituencies allocated to us under the MDC Alliance agreement. We are fully committed to the alliance, as a party and we will respect the agreement in full,” Chihwayi told NewsDay.
Ncube’s MDC is part of the MDC Alliance, a seven-member coalition, whose other members are MDC-T, People’s Democratic Party, MCD, ZimPF, Transform Zimbabwe and Zanu-Ndonga. Source – newsday