- NGWENYAMA "the lion" KING MSWATI III renames Swaziland as the 'the Kingdom of eSwatini' which means the "land of the Swazis'
- 'MDC Alliance major partner, MDC-T is demanding that its partners must step up and show that they deserve constituencies they were allocated in the alliance agreement, because members of the alliance are mere briefcase parties not bringing supporters '
- USA PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TWEETS "very good news" after 'Rocket man' North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un decision to stop missile launches and shut down its nuclear test site.
- ARSENAL staff and the players were on Friday in a state of profound tears and shock after Wenger disclosed that after 22 years at the helm, this will be his last season as he steps down.
- PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA leaves the Commonwealth summit in Britain, early to deal with "Service Delivery" protests in Mahikeng South Africa
The Welshman Ncube-led MDC has rescinded its earlier plans to forego primary elections to choose party candidates for this year’s polls, saying all aspiring candidates will now be subjected to primary elections serve for cases where there was consensus.
In a statement, MDC spokesperson, Kurauone Chihwayi, said the MDC would only field candidates in the 32 constituencies it was allocated by the MDC Alliance.
“The times and venues for the primary elections which will be free and fair will be announced in due course,” he said.
“The MDC is choosing candidates only for the 32 constituencies allocated to us under the MDC Alliance agreement. We are fully committed to the alliance, as a party and we will respect the agreement in full,” Chihwayi told NewsDay.
Ncube’s MDC is part of the MDC Alliance, a seven-member coalition, whose other members are MDC-T, People’s Democratic Party, MCD, ZimPF, Transform Zimbabwe and Zanu-Ndonga. Source – newsday