- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
Theresa May , a lonstanding critic of the European Human Rights Convention,will suceed Prime Minister David Cameron on Wednesday after Andrea Leadsom, pulled out of the Leadership race earlier on Monday, reportedly for the sake of unity in the conservative party
Tomorrow, the UK prime minister, David Cameron will attend his last cabinet meeting then attend a Wednesday House of Commons gathering for Prime Minister’s Questions and then quit after the Prime Minister’s Question time.
He will then proceed to Buckingham Palace, where he will offer his resignation to the Queen and Theresa May will about half an hour later arrive at Buckingham Palace to formally introduce herself and accept the post of Uk Prime Minister.
David cameron has been the Uk PM since 2010, and even though he had announced his resignation immediately after the Brexit vote, and indicated that he would be in office for a few more months to allow a smooth transition, this comes as a surprise.
Since 1721 the UK has had 74 Prime ministers and Theresa May will be the second female Uk Prime Minister after Margaret Thatcher in the 80’s. By Sibusiso Ngwenya…More news to follow.