- 'ONLY THIRTY' attend Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Thokozani Khupe at their manifesto launch in Harare
- PHOTOS OF TOYAL HIGHNESSES THE DUKE AND DUCHESSOF SUSSEX, WEDDING PHOTOS-was a special one indeed as she smiled throughout, the wedding,
- ROYAL WEDDING, TO BE WATCHED BY OVER ONE BILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE Die hard Royal fans, in their thousands are streaming to the Windsor area in London, for space to watch the historical event as Megan Markle marries Prince Harry at St Georges Chapel
- A CUBANA de AVIACION Boeing 737-200 has crashed with 104 people on board on takeoff from Havana's Jose Marti International Airport.
- MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING AT SANTA FE HIGH SCHOOL IN USA, leaves ten dead
THREE FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES after three men stormed a Verulam mosque in South Africa on Thursday afternoon‚ slitting the throats of at least two people and stabbing another
www.newzimbabwevision.com advices the public that, this is not a South Africa problem, but one for the Southern African region including Zimbabwe, as we all know that South Africa is Zimbabe’s backyard, free flow of people, good and bad, exporting and importing crime between the two, so, whatever befalls South Africa will soon be knocking at your door in Zimbabwe,…say no to radicalisation, terrorism , violence and all evil associated with such horrors. There is no excuse for associating with this and we should all unite and work to stop the spread of such evil by exposing the criminals behind this and reporting any attempts by such people to radicalising children and the poor.
Three men stormed a Verulam mosque on Thursday afternoon‚ slitting the throats of at least two people and stabbing another.
Private security company Reaction Unit South Africa said the attack took place at the Imam Hussain Mosque in Ottawa‚ Verulam‚ north of Durban‚ shortly after 2.30pm. The three victims are in a critical condition and fighting for their lives.
Reaction Unit SA’s Prem Balram said: “Upon arrival‚ Reaction Unit officers found that two victims had their throats slit and were bleeding profusely. Paramedics were called to the scene to attend to the critically injured men. Reaction Unit officers then noticed smoke emanating from the mosque and attempted to douse the flames.”
A third victim was found inside the building. He was bleeding from a “wound to his throat”.
He said that witnesses told officers that three men‚ who were armed with knives and guns‚ “attacked the mosque‚ slitting the victims’ throats and then set fire to the building”.
“The suspects who were wearing half balaclavas fled in a white Hyundai light motor vehicle with no registration plates‚” said Balram.
IPSS Medical Rescue paramedic Paul Herbst‚ who was on the scene‚ confirmed the Reaction Unit account.
He said “multiple patients have been stabbed” and the mosque had been set alight.
“As per reports from scene‚ three males entered the mosque shouting‚ screaming‚ [and] just started stabbing people‚ threw some sort of device or petrol bomb into the mosque and ran away‚” he said.
Herbst confirmed that that the injured men were rushed to various local hospitals.
SAPS spokeswoman Captain Nqobile Gwala said police were on the scene and were trying to confirm details.
PHOTO-Three men stormed a Verulam mosque on Thursday afternoon‚ slitting the throats of at least two people and stabbing another