- NGWENYAMA "the lion" KING MSWATI III renames Swaziland as the 'the Kingdom of eSwatini' which means the "land of the Swazis'
- 'MDC Alliance major partner, MDC-T is demanding that its partners must step up and show that they deserve constituencies they were allocated in the alliance agreement, because members of the alliance are mere briefcase parties not bringing supporters '
- USA PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP TWEETS "very good news" after 'Rocket man' North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un decision to stop missile launches and shut down its nuclear test site.
- ARSENAL staff and the players were on Friday in a state of profound tears and shock after Wenger disclosed that after 22 years at the helm, this will be his last season as he steps down.
- PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA leaves the Commonwealth summit in Britain, early to deal with "Service Delivery" protests in Mahikeng South Africa
THREE guards from Guard Alert in Bulawayo died in a horrific car crash in Kadoma while transporting gold from How Mine to Harare on Saturday evening.
Witnesses told Southern Eye yesterday the trio died on the spot.
“The car which was coming from Bulawayo, was transporting gold from How Mine and taking it to Harare. The car had three security guards identified as Themba (Dube), Osaam Bhebhe and one Malvin,” said the source.
Guard Alert officials in Bulawayo declined to comment over the matter.
“I am told to say no comment,” an official said.
National police spokesperson Chief Superintendent Paul Nyathi said he was not aware of the accident.
“I am not aware of the accident,” he said.
One of the Guard Alert workers, who spoke to Southern Eye said Dube and Malvin were buried on Sunday, while Bhebhe was buried yesterday.
“Following the accident another car from Kwekwe collected the gold. news day