- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
- MURDER: INYATHI MAN (42) , JAILED 17 YEARS FOR KILLING A BAR PATRON in a dispute over 20 cents
- 'MDC ALLIANCE TENDENCY TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IS DISGUSTING'- Zanu-PF Director in the Commissariat, Retired Colonel George Nare
- VP CHIWENGA URGES ZANU PF SUPPORTERS WHO JOINED MDC UNDER MUGABE , to return home and assist in developing Zimbabwe as there is no hope in the opposition.
- SOLDIER ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING HIS NIECE AND DAUGHTER in a failed attempt to shoot his wife for denying him sex.
THREE guards from Guard Alert in Bulawayo died in a horrific car crash in Kadoma while transporting gold from How Mine to Harare on Saturday evening.
Witnesses told Southern Eye yesterday the trio died on the spot.
“The car which was coming from Bulawayo, was transporting gold from How Mine and taking it to Harare. The car had three security guards identified as Themba (Dube), Osaam Bhebhe and one Malvin,” said the source.
Guard Alert officials in Bulawayo declined to comment over the matter.
“I am told to say no comment,” an official said.
National police spokesperson Chief Superintendent Paul Nyathi said he was not aware of the accident.
“I am not aware of the accident,” he said.
One of the Guard Alert workers, who spoke to Southern Eye said Dube and Malvin were buried on Sunday, while Bhebhe was buried yesterday.
“Following the accident another car from Kwekwe collected the gold. news day