- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
- FERRY DISASTER: OVER 200 PEOPLE FEARED DEAD on Lake Victoria in Tanzania after the boat capsized and began to sink and many are feared trapped in the hull..
THREE guards from Guard Alert in Bulawayo died in a horrific car crash in Kadoma while transporting gold from How Mine to Harare on Saturday evening.
Witnesses told Southern Eye yesterday the trio died on the spot.
“The car which was coming from Bulawayo, was transporting gold from How Mine and taking it to Harare. The car had three security guards identified as Themba (Dube), Osaam Bhebhe and one Malvin,” said the source.
Guard Alert officials in Bulawayo declined to comment over the matter.
“I am told to say no comment,” an official said.
National police spokesperson Chief Superintendent Paul Nyathi said he was not aware of the accident.
“I am not aware of the accident,” he said.
One of the Guard Alert workers, who spoke to Southern Eye said Dube and Malvin were buried on Sunday, while Bhebhe was buried yesterday.
“Following the accident another car from Kwekwe collected the gold. news day