- A 19-YEAR-OLD BULAWAYO DOMESTIC WORKER FOUGHT OFF two knife-wielding men and sent them fleeing after they broke into a house and tried to rape her and her employer's daughters aged seven and 14 years,
- MDC-T National Council, the Supreme-decision-making body in between Congresses met today deliberated on key issues affecting the partyand fired the MDC T Vice President Thokozani Khuphe
- MUGABE:-BLAME NDEBELES, ZAPU AND ZIPRA FOR GUKURAHUNDI
- The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) Secretary - General Mr Raymond Majongwe has threatened to take the government to court for failing to address hunger and schooling equipment for school children after 38 years of independence.
- MDC-T NATIONAL CHAIRMAN LOVEMORE MOYO, YESTERDAY QUIT BOTH HIS POSITION AND MDC T PARTY citing, among other issues, what he called the unconstitutional power grab by leader Mr Nelson Chamisa.
A TOTAL OF THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND (300, 000) ROHYINGA REFUGEES, roughly a quater of the Rohyinga population in Myanmar , have fled violence Myanmar to Bangladesh in a short space of two weeks, The Rohyinga are not entitled to citizenship rights in Myanmar.
The Rohyinga are subject to what seems to be a campaign of ethnic cleansing as they are killed and their homes and villages are razed doen with fire. However authorities deny burning down the homes of the Rohyinga as they flee and claim the Rohyinga are actually burning down their own homes as they flee Mynmar.
The Rohyinga are the most persecuted people in the world in what is said to be a concerted effort to evict them from Myanmar by authorities. The UN aid agency has run out of food and shelter to assist arriving Rohyinga refugees averaging 10,000 a day.
The arrivals are just thankful to be safe and alive even though they are facing starvation. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photos ABC news, Independent ,Reuters, Aljazeera