- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
A TOTAL OF THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND (300, 000) ROHYINGA REFUGEES, roughly a quater of the Rohyinga population in Myanmar , have fled violence Myanmar to Bangladesh in a short space of two weeks, The Rohyinga are not entitled to citizenship rights in Myanmar.
The Rohyinga are subject to what seems to be a campaign of ethnic cleansing as they are killed and their homes and villages are razed doen with fire. However authorities deny burning down the homes of the Rohyinga as they flee and claim the Rohyinga are actually burning down their own homes as they flee Mynmar.
The Rohyinga are the most persecuted people in the world in what is said to be a concerted effort to evict them from Myanmar by authorities. The UN aid agency has run out of food and shelter to assist arriving Rohyinga refugees averaging 10,000 a day.
The arrivals are just thankful to be safe and alive even though they are facing starvation. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photos ABC news, Independent ,Reuters, Aljazeera