- US$100Million luxury apartments in Borrowdale West to be named after Mnangagwa.
- ZIMBABWE restricts gatherings and food vending as cholera cases rise
- CCC OPPOSITION now wants Chamisa, Mnangagwa dialogue
- 'I'M the CIO godfather, -plan against me and a I'll know!'-Mnangagwa
- UK based Zimbabwean murdered homeless barrister in UK
Acting President Emmerson Mnangagwa today launched a rare attack on women and the Constitution saying the supreme law is discriminatory.
Mnangagwa said women are quick to talk about equal rights but they cannot be hanged under the Constitution.
He said it amounts to discrimination.”To me its discrimination against men that women cannot be hanged but they talk about equal rights,” he told a rescheduled constitutional outreach meeting in Bulawayo.
Mnangagwa added that there is a need to escalate the call for the abolition of the death penalty “as right now only women are excluded”.
“Under colonial law anyone under 21 was not liable to be hanged. “That’s why I am here today”.
By Thobekile Zhou. Source-Bulawayo24