- MAUSOLEUM"We want you to lead this country from your grave, while you lie at the National Heroes Acre,” Gucci Grace
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA constructing a mausoleum at the National Heroes' Acre hill top where the former leader will be buried,
- At least 11 HEADS of state, 8 ex African Presidents had by yesterday confirmed their attendance at Mugabe’s State funeral service
- MUGABE , DEAD: 'A diarrhoea outbreak spreads across Harare, with hundreds affected', Harare Health Services dir Chonzi
- 22 injured after kombi with school children did not give way, and collided with a car at the intersection of Luveve and Masiyephambili roads in Emakhandeni, Bulawayo.
CHIREDZI: A Triangle woman was made pregnant by her husband’s brother and then killed the newly born baby by burying her alive to conceal the adulterous relationship, a local court heard last week.
Josephine Tambudzai, 27, from Triangle, pleaded guilty to infanticide when she appeared before Magistrate Geraldine Muto.
She was sentenced to 24 months in prison but 15 months were suspended on condition of good behaviour.
Prosecutor Doubt Phiri told the court that on June 2 this year, Tambudzai gave birth to a baby girl and soon after delivering the infant she carried it to a river which is some 200m from her homestead where she buried her alive.
Neighbours who knew that Tambudzai was pregnant noticed that she was no longer in that condition and yet she did not have a baby.
A report was made to the police leading to her arrest.
Tambudzai confessed burying the baby alive and led the police to the river where the baby was found dead.
She told the court that her husband was in South Africa and that during his absence she had a sexual affair with the hubby’s younger brother which resulted in her failing pregnant.
She said she committed the crime because she had no support for the baby since her husband’s younger brother had died soon after she had fallen pregnant.
“I was afraid of getting divorced by my husband since I got pregnant while he was in South Africa; he was bound to know that the baby was not his and I wanted to save my marriage,” she told the court. source-newzimbabwe