- (MP) BYO JASMINE KOKS TOFFA REMINDS ZIMBABWEANS THAT VOTER REGISTRATION is still open and calls for the public to register,..see the list of places you can register at:
- 'EMBATTLED MDC-T VP Khupe approaches Justice ministry, demanding for US$1,8 million Political Parties Finance Act (PPFA) to be channelled to her faction'.
- APPROXIMATELY 30,000 PEOPLE ATTENDED TODAY'S MARCH AGAINST RACISM IN LONDON in an expression of unity against a rise in racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.
- GRACE MUGABE NOW HAS A NEW GRAND DAUGHTER BORN TO her son Russel Goreraza's South African girl friend Dineo Gwendoline
- ANDREW NGWENYA a.k.a ANDY MURIDZO was hauled before the courts yesterday after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident that damaged three cars.
TSVANGIRAI CHERRY PICKS CHAMISA OVER ELECTED VP THOKOZANI KHUPHE as his preferred successor bringing Zimbabwean electorate into an era scaringly remniscent of the despot former president Robert Mugabe who could not be questioned and whose authority could not be challenged without one being called a sellout of factionalist.
Opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai has like Mugabe annointed his successor as Nelson Chamisa who will now head MDC T party selection process of parliamentary and council candidates for 2018 elections.
Effectively Morgan Tsvangirai has opted for Chamisa to stand in for him and to handle all MDCT party’s business in the opposition MDC Alliance while he battles his colon cancer health issue an issue he settled in the absence of his other two deputies Thokozani Khupe and Ellias Mudzuri and according to public opinion this development is likely to plunge MDCT opposition into a critical leadership crisis when we least need such a negative development.
It is reported that MDC T party is heavily divided on who should succeed ailing leader Richatd Morgan Tsvangirai. One faction is allegedly led by Dr Thokozani Khupe and the other led by Nelson Chamisa.
These obvious divisions in leadership choices became visible at Tuesday, January 9, 2018 MDC-T national organising and elections directorate meeting which was chaired by MDC T acting president Engineer Elias Mudzuri.
However two senior MDC T party Dr Thokozani Khupe and Nelson Chamisa including several other senior MDC T officials were allegedly absent from the crucial MDC national organising and elections directorate meeting.
The meeting was held at Harvest House, with
Acting president Elias Mudzuri- chair
MDC national organising and elections directorate meeting.
Deputy national chairperson, Morgen Komichi,
Secretary-general, Douglas Mwonzora,
Treasurer-general, Theresa Makone,
Deputy national organising secretary Amos Chibaya,
Secretary for information and publicity Obert Gutu,
Secretary for elections Murisi Zwizwai
Chief of staff Sesel Zvidzai,
Directors of various departments and several other senior staff members.
MDC T is yet to clarify why other party deputies were absent from the meeting but news sources from within the divided MDC T opposition party indicate that the absence is caused by divisions in the MDC-T party.
This is not the first MDC T senior party officials boycot tof party programmes, as in 2017, MDC T VP Dr Khupe boycotted MDC T events after she and her close allies including MDC T national chairman Lovemore Moyo and MDC T national organising secretary Abednigo Bhebhe were assaulted for protesting against the formation of the MDC Alliance.DISCUSS! More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya