- 'IF ZIMBABWE'S OPPOSITION FEEL ELECTORAL PROCESSES ARE BEING VIOLATED, THEY SHOULD SEEK LEGAL JUSTICE, NOT MAKE UNREASONABLE DEMANDS'- chairperson of The Elders, Kofi Annan
- SHOCKING: CHAMISA SITS IDLY, AS HIS SECURITY ASSAULT AN MDC ALLIANCE CANDIDATE (76) SPRAY CHEMICAL INTO HIS EYES, THROW AWAY HIS KEYS AND LEAVE HIM HELPLESSLY WRITHING IN PAIN ALONE IN THE BUSH:
- FORMER ENERGY MINISTER, SAMUEL UNDENGE has been jailed four years’ imprisonment, for abuse of public office.
- ZIMBABWE'S 31 JULY 2018 ELECTIONS -LAND IS AT STAKE 'Don't lose sleep over demos... opposition is making unnecessary noise', says Zim president at a'whites only' rally at Borrowdale race course in Harare.
- ZIMBABWEAN TWINS, JAILED 14 AND 15 YEARS FOR RAPING AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTING an 11-year-old girl over a period of several months in UK
MDC-T President Morgan Tsvangirai has suspended five people, including two members of the Standing Committee, following his promise to decisively deal with the disturbances in Bulawayo over the weekend in which Vice President Thokozani Khupe and other senior party officials were injured.
The President has suspended the party’s Deputy Treasurer-General Mr. Charlton Hwende and Deputy Secretary for Information and Publicity, Hon. Thabitha Khumalo, pending full investigations, for suspected crimes of omission and commission before and during the disturbances. He has also suspended three members of the Youth Assembly over the same matter.President Tsvangirai has already dispatched a probe team to Bulawayo and a full comprehensive investigation will determine any further action to be taken.
Violence is not part of the culture of the party and President Tsvangirai, a victim of violence himself countless times since the party was formed, has moved in to take decisive action over the matter.
Presidential Spokesperson and Director of Communications
photo- MDC T Deputy Treasurer-General Mr. Charlton Hwende