- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
MDC-T President Morgan Tsvangirai has suspended five people, including two members of the Standing Committee, following his promise to decisively deal with the disturbances in Bulawayo over the weekend in which Vice President Thokozani Khupe and other senior party officials were injured.
The President has suspended the party’s Deputy Treasurer-General Mr. Charlton Hwende and Deputy Secretary for Information and Publicity, Hon. Thabitha Khumalo, pending full investigations, for suspected crimes of omission and commission before and during the disturbances. He has also suspended three members of the Youth Assembly over the same matter.President Tsvangirai has already dispatched a probe team to Bulawayo and a full comprehensive investigation will determine any further action to be taken.
Violence is not part of the culture of the party and President Tsvangirai, a victim of violence himself countless times since the party was formed, has moved in to take decisive action over the matter.
Presidential Spokesperson and Director of Communications
photo- MDC T Deputy Treasurer-General Mr. Charlton Hwende