- A 19-YEAR-OLD BULAWAYO DOMESTIC WORKER FOUGHT OFF two knife-wielding men and sent them fleeing after they broke into a house and tried to rape her and her employer's daughters aged seven and 14 years,
- MDC-T National Council, the Supreme-decision-making body in between Congresses met today deliberated on key issues affecting the partyand fired the MDC T Vice President Thokozani Khuphe
- MUGABE:-BLAME NDEBELES, ZAPU AND ZIPRA FOR GUKURAHUNDI
- The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) Secretary - General Mr Raymond Majongwe has threatened to take the government to court for failing to address hunger and schooling equipment for school children after 38 years of independence.
- MDC-T NATIONAL CHAIRMAN LOVEMORE MOYO, YESTERDAY QUIT BOTH HIS POSITION AND MDC T PARTY citing, among other issues, what he called the unconstitutional power grab by leader Mr Nelson Chamisa.
MDC-T President Morgan Tsvangirai has suspended five people, including two members of the Standing Committee, following his promise to decisively deal with the disturbances in Bulawayo over the weekend in which Vice President Thokozani Khupe and other senior party officials were injured.
The President has suspended the party’s Deputy Treasurer-General Mr. Charlton Hwende and Deputy Secretary for Information and Publicity, Hon. Thabitha Khumalo, pending full investigations, for suspected crimes of omission and commission before and during the disturbances. He has also suspended three members of the Youth Assembly over the same matter.President Tsvangirai has already dispatched a probe team to Bulawayo and a full comprehensive investigation will determine any further action to be taken.
Violence is not part of the culture of the party and President Tsvangirai, a victim of violence himself countless times since the party was formed, has moved in to take decisive action over the matter.
Presidential Spokesperson and Director of Communications
photo- MDC T Deputy Treasurer-General Mr. Charlton Hwende