- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
Photo-Sibusiso Ngwenya at Marriot hotel before entering the Tuku@65 function.
On Saturday 22 April 2017, Oliver Mtukudzi a.k.a. Samanyanga enjoyed a dinner with selected guests in celebration of his 65th birthday, dubbed Tuku@65.
The event was held at the upmarket, four star hotel ‘Marriot’ in Waltham Abbey London from 20:00 till 01:00.
It was well attended by the select guests and I was blessed to be amongst them. Oliver Mtukudzi is a celebrated musician, globally recognised and respected by all ages from the young to the elderly of numerous races.
Oliver Mtukudzi has a had a long standing career has spanned over 40 years during which he released over 60 great music albums and the gala was held in honour of the music legend who has touched the hearts of several generations.
Mtukudzi entered the venue to a warm welcome from the small select crowd and the function kicked off with a lovely dinner for all.
This was followed by some poets,artists and speeches in honour of such a beautiful career, while Mtukudzi, his wife and family sat at their table with other guests also on their tables, before the man himself rose to the occassion and serenaded the guests with some beautiful music from different phases of his lustrous 40 year music career. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya