- 17,089 UK CONFIRMED CORONAVIRUS CASES as number of UK deaths rises above 1,000 after 260 deaths up from 759 on Friday.
- PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS SIGNED THE LARGEST-ever US financial stimulus package, worth $2tn (£1.7tn), as the country grapples with the coronavirus pandemic.
- BREAKING NEWS: CRISIS: PM Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating in Downing Street at a time of global health crisis
- DYSON HAS RECEIVED AN ORDER FROM THE UK government for 10,000 ventilators to support efforts by the country's National Health Service to treat coronavirus patients.
- US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP HAS ORDERED GENERAL MOTORS TO MAKE VENTILATORS ventilators for coronavirus patients after attacking the car giant's chief executive.
TWENTY-SEVEN MBT TRANSPORT BUS passengers heading for Beitbridge were early yesterday robbed of thousands of dollars in money and valuables by three gunmen, just after the Lutumba tollgate along the Beitbridge-Masvingo highway approximately 20 kilometres before Beitbridge border town.
MB Transport proprietor Mr Brian Mungofa confirmed the incident yesterday, stating “The robbers boarded the bus in Harare on Friday along with other 27 passengers at the Mbudzi traffic circle. They then attacked the passengers early in the morning at Lutumba area. They were three suspects and have gone into hiding. The matter has been reported to the police,” said Mr Mungofa.
“I can confirm that we are investigating a case of three suspects who robbed some passengers in a bus they had boarded from Harare and travelling to Beitbridge,” he said.
This horrible incident came within a few hours after 58 Zimbabweans travelling to Harare from South Africa were robbed of valuables by two gunmen who had followed them from Johannesburg. The bus driver, Mr Thembane Ngwenya was shot at twice, at close range but the bullets missed him while causing a mechanical fault and gear failure, which forced th bus to a halt.
The robbers searched everyone and took away phones and money demanded R40 000 which they alleged had been given to the bus crew by one client in Johannesburg and only left after they were convinced the us crew had no money.
Armed robbers target Zimbabwean cross-border buses in South Africa in bushes between Hamanskraal and Polokwane.
In a short space of 12 months, a total of 15 buses have been attacked by armed gangs , with over six buses having been attacked by armed robbers between Lutumba and Beitbridge town by armed robbers who pretended to be passengers but later attacked their victims especially those travelling from Harare to South Africa for shopping. Sibusiso Ngwenya-source sundaynews
WELCOME EVERYONE: 298,508 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 298,508 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,780 likes
Followed by 12,854