- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
RUSAPE was on Easter Sunday plunged into deep mourning when two biological brothers and their wives were killed in the horrific accident, which also killed seven others on the spot in Headlands.
The accident occurred at GMB Timber Mills depot and involved a Honda Fit with the four members of the Mukada family, and a Nissan Caravan that had 22 members of the Apostolic Church.
The kombi was coming from a church convention at Bazeley Bridge in Marange.
Lovemore Mukada, his wife Rebecca, and Tapiwa Mukada and his wife Shalima Cheriya died on the spot, leaving behind a combined seven orphans.
Lovemore was a bishop with the Mugodhi Apostolic Church.
The two couples were headed for Rusape when the accident occurred.
The Mukadas, who were resident in Crocodile low density area (Ward 10), Rusape were laid to rest on Wednesday afternoon at their rural home in Goto, Wedza.
National Police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi attributed the accident to an overtaking error caused by the Honda Fit.
“At about 11.30hrs 11 people perished in a fatal head-on collision at the 118km peg along the Harare-Mutare road opposite the Grain Marketing Board depot in Headlands.
“A Nissan Caravan with 22 passengers on board coming from a church service in Bazeley Bridge Marange collided with a Honda Fit which had four occupants. Preliminary investigations have established that he Honda Fit was heading towards Mutare while the Caravan was going in the opposite direction.
“On approaching the 118km peg the driver of Honda Fit encroached into the lane of the oncoming Caravan while intending to overtake another vehicle resulting in a head on collision. All the four occupants in the Honda Fit died on the spot while the Caravan overturned once and landed on its roof killing seven on the spot. We urge motorists to exercise extreme caution while driving and ensure the road ahead is clear before attempting to overtake. Where possible motorists are urged to travel during the day as visibility at night is poor, said Assistant Commissioner Nyathi. Source – manicapost