- NATIONAL CHAIRMAN: MORGAN KOMICHI announces removal of Chamisa as President and that all suspensions and dismissals of any party member by the current leadership between February 2018 and today are null and void.
- POLICE BESEIGED MDC HQ in Harare and barred officials from accessing the offices pending a Supreme court judgment to determine the rightful President of the party.
- BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME COURT RULES MDC Chamisa is not the legitimate President of the party and that Thokozani Khupe is the party's interim president
- Long-serving Zimpapers Masvingo Correspondent Walter Mswazie ,45 died from kidney failure at Makurira Memorial Clinic today.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRITONS stranded abroad by the coronavirus will be flown home under a new arrangement between the government and airlines.
The Mazda vehicle which was coming from Kwekwe, was being driven by one of the officers.
The injured woman was rushed to Kwekwe General Hospital and her condition is said to be critical.
When The Chronicle visited the scene of the accident, which is about 20km from Gweru at around 10AM, the bodies were still at the scene covered with jackets.
Police officers later placed them in one coffin before they were taken to Gweru Provincial Hospital mortuary at around 10:30AM.
Witnesses said the accident occurred at around 5AM.
“I saw the white Mazda encroaching onto the lane of oncoming traffic leading to a head on collision,” said a motorist who declined to be named.
Another witness Tinei Masuku said the haulage truck veered off the road after the impact.
Efforts to get a comment from Midlands provincial police spokesperson Inspector Joel Goko were fruitless as he was said to be out of office.by Elizabeth Tsuro
– See more at: http: