- One of the 11 vendors, arrested, has now reportedly died in police custody.
- BULAWAYO MAN (26) SLAUGHTERED AND BRAAOED HIS DOG in full view of his neighbours, whom he also threatened with a similar fate.
- 'Hussein Noor (43) of Harare in court for allegedly defrauding Harvest House of $200 000 after falsely claiming that he could supply bricks'.
- Langa Nyathi (43) of Godlwayo village killed his ailing younger brother with a violent kick resulting in his intestines protruding .
- 'Nomakhosi Ntabeni (25) Bulawayo killed by her Zim husband Passmore Mugari (36 in SA, before he fled to Harare with their four-year-old son'.
The Mazda vehicle which was coming from Kwekwe, was being driven by one of the officers.
The injured woman was rushed to Kwekwe General Hospital and her condition is said to be critical.
When The Chronicle visited the scene of the accident, which is about 20km from Gweru at around 10AM, the bodies were still at the scene covered with jackets.
Police officers later placed them in one coffin before they were taken to Gweru Provincial Hospital mortuary at around 10:30AM.
Witnesses said the accident occurred at around 5AM.
“I saw the white Mazda encroaching onto the lane of oncoming traffic leading to a head on collision,” said a motorist who declined to be named.
Another witness Tinei Masuku said the haulage truck veered off the road after the impact.
Efforts to get a comment from Midlands provincial police spokesperson Inspector Joel Goko were fruitless as he was said to be out of office.by Elizabeth Tsuro
– See more at: http: