- Henessy Dube (40) of Entumbane , fake Doctor for six months at Mpilo Hospital, allegedly masqueraded as a top (CIO) officer
- Born Rhodesian ‘Sibusiso Ngwenya ' a.k.a Nyamangara, totem Gushungo proudly 50% Ndebele, 50% Shona 100% Zimbabwean!
- 5 Rusape villagers Jonathan Elias (43), Michael Bhunu (47), and Ambrose Gogo (42) fatally assaulted boy (14 accused of stealing a hen .
- BULAWAYO CITY COUNCIL BCC INVITES UNIVERSITY GRADUATE APPLICATIONS for a post graduate traineeship
- One of the 11 vendors, arrested, has now reportedly died in police custody.
The festive season is traditionally a joyous occassion for some but equally so, others are saddened by the loss of life in the taffic jungle of Zimbabwe’s lawless roads.
Yesterday two people died while eight were seriously injured after a kombi commuter omnibus in which they were travelling on along at the 160km peg along the busy and traditionally dangerous Masvingo-Beitbridge Road.
The vehicle which had 14 passengers on board, veered off the road, at about 3am, slamming into a tree on the right resulting in the driver’s instant death and several critically wounded passenger. The injured passengers were ferried to Rutenga Clinic for medical attention and they remain in a critical state of injury.
She said the commuter omnibus was travelling towards Masvingo with 14 passengers on board.
Police identified the dead victims as the driver, Current Madanha, 24, of Madanha Village under Chief Neshuro in Mwenezi and Esther Chauke, 35, of Mashelemu Village under Chief Chitanga area in Mwenezi.
Investigations into the cause of the accident are still being conducted but there is a strong possibility of the driver falling asleep due to driving at the ungodly hour of 3am. However police are keeping an open mind in the investigations. By Sibusiso Ngwenya