- US$98k fraud at Bulawayo milling company
- SHARE SWAP EXPOSES TAGWIREI'S vast web
- ZIMBABWE IS SET TO MISS OUT ON THE COVID-19 DEBT RELIEF specifically set aside by the European Union for African countries because of its bad debtor tag.
- VICE PRESIDENT CONSTANTINO CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE Marry has filed an urgent High Court application seeking the release of her passport to allow her to receive urgent medical attention in South Africa. This comes after Marry was diagnosed with lymphoedema - a condition which her doctors describe as a build-up of fluids in body tissues that can no longer be drained, causing massive swelling.
- MDC ALLIANCE VICE PRESIDENT AND LAWYER TENDAI BITI WAS ARRESTED and charged with assault on Friday after attending a police station by appointment.
TWO (Zinara) toll collectors at the Gweru North tollgate along , died on the spot in a kombi and haulage truck side-swipe near Regina Mundi High School in Gweru recently.
TWO Zimbabwe National Roads Administration (Zinara) toll collectors based at the Gweru North tollgate along the Gweru-Kwekwe highway, died on the spot when a commuter omnibus they were travelling in side-swiped with a haulage truck near Regina Mundi High School in Gweru recently.
The two collectors were part of six Zinara employees coming from their shift at the tollgate.
Zinara public relations manager Mr Tendai Mugabe confirmed the death of the two employees but said he was still to get more details.
Gweru City Council public relations officer Ms Vimbai Chingwaramusee said Gweru fire brigade team attended the accident at about midnight on Friday last week.
“Our fire brigade team rescued passengers and both drivers following a side swipe involving a haulage truck and a commuter omnibus near Regina Mundi High School around midnight. Two people who are said to be Zinara employees died on the spot,” she said.
The employees had knocked off from work and were being ferried home aboard a commuter omnibus.