- The militarised Mnangagwa Zanu pf regime will prioritise the more important Zanu pf Cabinet ministers for covid vaccine
- EU THREATENS TO BLOCK EXPORTS OF the Belgian-made Pfizer jabs amid a row with UK-based AstraZeneca.
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA to preside over a triple Zanu pf burial at Thieves a.ka Heroes Acre on Wednesday,
- THE UK NO LONGER HAS THE WORST coronavirus death rate in the world, figures have revealed.
- BULAWAYO ROADS ARE FULL OF POTHOLES, AND Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (Zupco) buses have abandoned several routes despite being the sole public transporter.
UGANDA GOVERNMENT ORDERED INTENET SERVICE PROVIDERS TO BLOCK all social media platforms and messaging apps on Tuesday until further notice, a letter from the country’s communications regulator seen by Reuters said.A source in Uganda’s telecom sector said the government had made clear to executives at telecoms companies that the social media ban was in retaliation for Facebook blocking some pro-government accounts.The U.S. social media giant said on Monday it had taken down a network in Uganda linked to the country’s ministry of information for using fake and duplicate accounts to post ahead of this week’s election.Users had complained earlier on Tuesday that they were unable to access Facebook and WhatsApp, social media platforms being widely used for campaigning ahead of Thursday’s presidential election in the East African country.”Uganda Communications Commission hereby directs you to immediately suspend any access and use, direct or otherwise, of all social media platforms and online messaging applications over your network until further notice,” said the letter from the commission’s executive director to internet providers.The commission’s spokesman Ibrahim Bbossa and government spokesman Ofwono Opondo did not answer calls requesting comment. An aide to Minister of Information Judith Nabakooba said she was unable to comment at the moment. – Reuters