- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
GODFREY ZIMBIZI (23) JAILED 18 MONTHS, AFTER BANK customers were tricked out of more than £1million when they were sent texts asking if they’d made a large payment to Amazon, a court heard.
Victims were told to call a number, said to be a fraud prevention centre at HSBC, and then deceived into giving criminals their confidential details.
Godfrey Zimbizi, 23, was jailed for 18 months for his involvement in the fraud — which netted £1,140,600 from HSBC customers.
‘They received text messages asking whether they had made a payment to Amazon in the sum of £2,999,’ said David Hughes, prosecuting.
‘The customers were then asked if they didn’t recognise the transaction and told to call HSBC fraud prevention.’
After answering a series of questions to confirm their identity ‘they effectively gave the criminals their personal data’.
With the data, the fraudsters transferred money into compromised or ‘mule’ accounts, including £72,000 to one in the name of Zimbizi in June 2017. It was spotted by the bank and £58,000 was subsequently recovered.
Zimbizi, of Northampton, admitted conspiracy to defraud at Southwark crown court. Metro
WELCOME EVERYONE: 297,638 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘Twitter-@sibungwenor whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:1) Zimbabwe Global News 297,638 Members2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,766 likes24,814 followers.Manages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,851https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967/videos/10216973817674517/?t=4