- UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE 2019 class of graduating medical students to boycott their graduation due to be capped by President Mnangagwa.
- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
A PROMINENT Bulawayo gynaecologist Mr Solomon Patricio Balus, died while he was in a banking hall on Thursday morning. The Sudanese doctor was 60. He was the head of the gynaecology and obstetrics department at the United Bulawayo Hospitals.
According to his secretary, Mr Abel Mutoredzanwa, Dr Balus was at Standard Chartered Bank in the city centre on Wednesday morning when he experienced difficulties in breathing.
“We understand that he came to the bank and found the queues very long and went back to sit in his car. Moments later he disembarked from his car and went in to the banking hall,” he said.
Dr Harrison Rambanapasi, one of Dr Balus’ students who worked with him from 2009 up to the time of his death, said they had lost a mentor and a man of good character.
“He inspired me to specialise in gynaecology and obstetrics and he made an effort to demystify some myths surrounding this field and he taught us in very simplified terms which made us understand him better and do our job to the best of our ability,” said Dr Rambanapasi.
Dr Balus’relatives were expected in the country late last night from Sudan, England and Botswana. He is survived by a wife who is in England and three children. source-sunday news