- NELSON CHAMISA THE MDC ALLIANCE PRESIDENT, has promised to block Zimbabwe's 2023 national elections if necessary political and electoral reforms are not implemented.
- VICE PRESIDENT MOHADI SAYS, 'We got our independence from Britain, but the white man never gave us Black Natives, knowledge on how to run our economy,'... Interesting!
- FORMER, ZANU PF, NATIONAL SECRETARY FOR ADMINISTRATION, Didymus Mutasa (84) bounces back into Zanu-PF
- BULAWAYO MATERDEI HOSPITAL will charge US$ 60 for casualty, US$3000 for a general ward and US$5000 for ICU for Coronavirus.
- WHICH PARTY deserves such a party card for its brainwashed supporters...yep, I thought so,..shhhh!
A PROMINENT Bulawayo gynaecologist Mr Solomon Patricio Balus, died while he was in a banking hall on Thursday morning. The Sudanese doctor was 60. He was the head of the gynaecology and obstetrics department at the United Bulawayo Hospitals.
According to his secretary, Mr Abel Mutoredzanwa, Dr Balus was at Standard Chartered Bank in the city centre on Wednesday morning when he experienced difficulties in breathing.
“We understand that he came to the bank and found the queues very long and went back to sit in his car. Moments later he disembarked from his car and went in to the banking hall,” he said.
Dr Harrison Rambanapasi, one of Dr Balus’ students who worked with him from 2009 up to the time of his death, said they had lost a mentor and a man of good character.
“He inspired me to specialise in gynaecology and obstetrics and he made an effort to demystify some myths surrounding this field and he taught us in very simplified terms which made us understand him better and do our job to the best of our ability,” said Dr Rambanapasi.
Dr Balus’relatives were expected in the country late last night from Sudan, England and Botswana. He is survived by a wife who is in England and three children. source-sunday news