- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
US president Donald Trump has cancelled his visit to London in UK to open the new US embassy in February 2017, blaming former US president Barrack Obama’s “bad deal” to relocate the US embassy, from Grosvenor Square in London to Nine Elms on the banks of the Thames in south London.
This U-turn by Donald obviously comes as a great relief to the UK authorities because a petition against a state visit by the US president gathered over a million signatures in 2017 and UK authorities expected mass protests in opposition to Donald Trumps visit to the UK.
Writing on Twitter, the US president Donald Trump stated that he felt the embassy’s move from Grosvenor Square was a “bad deal” saying ‘Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!’ More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya