- SA nurse shouted 'close your legs and sit down,this is not Zim!' Zim gave birth standing up at Mamelodi Hospital SA, baby fell and died
- BREAKING NEWS: EX ZBC JOURNALIST, Godfrey Majonga (62) the Danhiko project deputy director and chairperson for the Danhiko Paralympic Game has died.
- HOME OFFICE outsourcing immigration services to allegedly ‘exploitative' Dubai-based firm VFS' must be reviewed, say MPs and lawyers.
- Four children aged 9-16 have gone missing in Bulawayo Sauerstown and Old Pumula surburbs since July 2019
- NTABAZINDUNA CHIEF NDIWENI WANTS TO PAY RTGS$20 fine instead of serving 18 months imprisonment time
The US is reported to have approximately 300million guns, roughly one for each person, however the US president Donald Trump says that the UK’s tough gun laws have led to arise in knife crime. The media reports that a total of 346 mass shooting incidents occurred in 2017.
Mass shootings are generally shooting incidents involving shooting at , injuring or killing four or more people
Trump in clearly a toning down of his originally seemingly tough approach to gun crime after the recent mass shooting at a school, in US on Valentine’s day 14 February 2018 said addressed the annual convention of the National Rifle Association in Dallas, Texas and assured them that while , there their second amendment rights are under siege, while ever he is in power, they will never ever be under siege.
He claimed that: “I recently read a story that, in London, which has unbelievably tough gun laws, a once very prestigious hospital, right in the middle, is like a war zone for horrible stabbing wounds.
“Yes, that’s right, they don’t have guns, they have knives, and instead there’s blood all over the floors of this hospital. They say it’s as bad as a military war zone hospital. Knives, knives, knives… London hasn’t been used to that, they’re getting used to it, pretty tough.”
It is unfortunate that such utterances by the US president, come soon after a revelation across the media that the knofe crime in London had reached alarming levels and exceeded the knife crime in New York. The alleged hospital .in London has not been identified.
This is bound to be a highly controversial visit and obviously set to encounter mass protest by British protesters against some of Trump’s heavy handed approaches to the removal of immigrants and the building of the Mexican wall to stop immigrants coming in illegally into US and its stance on certain Muslim countries, all approaches that are not necessarily in line with Britain’s approach to immigration. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya