- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
The US is reported to have approximately 300million guns, roughly one for each person, however the US president Donald Trump says that the UK’s tough gun laws have led to arise in knife crime. The media reports that a total of 346 mass shooting incidents occurred in 2017.
Mass shootings are generally shooting incidents involving shooting at , injuring or killing four or more people
Trump in clearly a toning down of his originally seemingly tough approach to gun crime after the recent mass shooting at a school, in US on Valentine’s day 14 February 2018 said addressed the annual convention of the National Rifle Association in Dallas, Texas and assured them that while , there their second amendment rights are under siege, while ever he is in power, they will never ever be under siege.
He claimed that: “I recently read a story that, in London, which has unbelievably tough gun laws, a once very prestigious hospital, right in the middle, is like a war zone for horrible stabbing wounds.
“Yes, that’s right, they don’t have guns, they have knives, and instead there’s blood all over the floors of this hospital. They say it’s as bad as a military war zone hospital. Knives, knives, knives… London hasn’t been used to that, they’re getting used to it, pretty tough.”
It is unfortunate that such utterances by the US president, come soon after a revelation across the media that the knofe crime in London had reached alarming levels and exceeded the knife crime in New York. The alleged hospital .in London has not been identified.
This is bound to be a highly controversial visit and obviously set to encounter mass protest by British protesters against some of Trump’s heavy handed approaches to the removal of immigrants and the building of the Mexican wall to stop immigrants coming in illegally into US and its stance on certain Muslim countries, all approaches that are not necessarily in line with Britain’s approach to immigration. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya