- Tearful Britains 2nd female PM, Theresa May will resign as Prime Minister and Conservative Party leader on 7 June 2019.
- BRITAINS SECOND FEMALE PM, THERESA MAY WILL RESIGN as Prime Minister and leader of the Conservative Party on 7 June 2019.
- BEITBRIDGE woman (19) tried selling child for a Nissan Caravan, Honda Fit and Altezza in exchange for child's body parts to promote her business
- ZIMBABWEAN WOMAN (38) caught smuggling R2 million meth drug into South Africa from Zimbabwe via Beitbridge Border Post
- 45 YEAR OLD WOMAN arrested in Marondera after she was found in possession of 52kg of cannabis/ dagga/mbanje/weed.
Singer Tinashe, seeking to draw a line under an internet row about her citizenship, has declared that she is PROUD about her “Zimbabwean roots”.
Tinashe found herself in the middle of a Twitter storm after replying, “My dad is!” when asked: “Is it true you’re from Zimbabwe?”
To her increasing bemusement, she found herself under attack by some Zimbabweans who said she felt ashamed of her links with Zimbabwe.
The 26-year-old R&B star born in Lexington, Kentucky, to a Zimbabwean father and a Norwegian mother, insisted that her response had been deliberately misinterpreted by people bent on trolling her.
Under Zimbabwean law, she has automatic citizenship by descent, while by virtue of being born in the United States she also acquired that country’s citizenship.
She clarified: “I think this is all a biiiiiig miscommunication. Lol … I am not ashamed of my Zim roots at all, in fact I’m super proud!”
The ‘2 On’ star who featured on Britney Spears’ Slumber Party was born Tinashe Jorgensen Kachingwe, and adopted her first name as a stage name. Tinashe means “We are with God” in her father’s native Shona language. Source – ZimLive