- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
- ZIMBABWE ARMY AND POLICE have sealed all access into the capital city Harare, with no civilians being allowed into CBD
US soul singer Bill Withers , 81, a musician who wrote Lean on Me, Ain’t No Sunshine and Lovely Day has died.
US soul singer Bill Withers has died aged 81 of heart complications, according to a statement from his family.
The influential musician wrote Lean on Me, Ain’t No Sunshine and Lovely Day.
The family statement reads: “We are devastated by the loss of our beloved, devoted husband and father. A solitary man with a heart driven to connect to the world at large, with his poetry and music, he spoke honestly to people and connected them to each other.
“As private a life as he lived close to intimate family and friends, his music forever belongs to the world. In this difficult time, we pray his music offers comfort and entertainment as fans hold tight to loved ones.”
The American singer, guitarist and songwriter Bill Withers on stage at Music Festival in Cannes in 1973. The artist was born in Slab Fork, West Virginia, on 4th July 1938. | usage worldwide (Photo by Goebel/picture alliance via Getty Images)View photosThe American singer, guitarist and songwriter Bill Withers on stage at Music Festival in Cannes in 1973. The artist was born in Slab Fork, West Virginia, on 4th July 1938. | usage worldwide (Photo by Goebel/picture alliance via Getty Images)More“I’m not a virtuoso, but I was able to write songs that people could identify with. I don’t think I’ve done bad for a guy from Slab Fork, West Virginia,” Withers told Rolling Stone in 2015.
Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda was among those of the showbusiness world paying tribute to Withers, calling him “maestro”. yahoo
Join Zimbabwe Global News group and encourage others to join 309,777 member now a third of a million, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. With such unprecedented group growth, with non alignment to any political grouping whether opposition or ruling, its fair to say that we are building a well informed electorate, better placed to make more informed choices such as in voting, about issues that directly affect their lives. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.