- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
- GOVERNMENT DISMISSES EX-VP MPHOKO'S US$300 000 in pension benefits claim as the Public Service Commission (PSC) says Mphoko will only be paid his pension in local currency ZWL$ and should not expect any other benefits.
- MARRY CHIWENGA SPILLS THE BEANS: VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE , Marry, jells court that the retired army general harbours an ambition to take over the presidency and Chiwenga registered all assets in his relatives’ names in an effort to avoid sanctions that were imposed on him by the United States government.
- TWO TONNES- 92 BAGS/ 2 tonnes of mbanje/ cannabis/ wacky tobacco/ weed found at Forbes Border Post in a truck from Malawi, driver fled
Bulawayo, Police Chief Superintendent Marshal Dube, commanded a sting operation in Bulawayo which resulted in a total of 210 suspected criminals being arrested in two days while thousands of dollars worth of property was recovered in just two days from Monday to Tuesday this week .
The operation was carried out to mitigate the impact of a spate of theft across the Bulawayo city recently which included vehicle theft, theft from vehicles and breaking and entry , simple robbery and a whole list of other crimes.
Recovered stolen property includes electricals, car wheels, car radios, mobile phones, personal laptops, tvs, refrigerators, with some of the stolen property being recovered from informal traders hence police advise for members of the public to desist from purchasing goods from informal traders as they risk losing the property on recovery by police and face arrest’
The public are being urged to approach the police with serial numbers of their stolen property recover their property so it can be positively identified. By Sibusiso Ngwenya