- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
Government has introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on nearly 40 imported basic food commodities that constitute the bulk of the consumer bread basket.
These commodities have previously been excluded from the 15 percent tax.
This tax, which is likely to increase the cost of food, was effective from February 1.
A notice in the Government gazette on January 22, showed amendments to the VAT Act by minister Chinamasa, which repealed clauses that until now had allowed the imported food commodities to be taxed at zero rate.
Goods used or consumed for agricultural purposes are also included. This move is meant to protect local goods from the influx of cheaper imports flooding the market – Source-fingaz