- NELSON CHAMISA at the start of 2020, promised , he will unseat Mnangagwa who will fall within the first five weeks of 2020...hmn!
- THOKOZANE KHUPHE, MDC-T HAS RESOLVED TO RECALL ALL REMAINING MDC ALLIANCE MPs AND COUNCILLORS , setting the stage for a bruising fight in forthcoming by-elections.
- EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN OF ZESA HOLDINGS, DR SYDNEY GATA has been re-instated to his position as Executive Chairman.
- MDC-T ACTING PRESIDENT THOKOZANE KHUPHE HAS FIRED THE FOLLOWING EIGHT BULAWAYO Councilors from the party rendering their wards vacant:
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA CELEBRATED HIS 78th birthday today, like Mugabe, the road to 95 yrs old like Mugabe begins,..watch this space!
Government has introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on nearly 40 imported basic food commodities that constitute the bulk of the consumer bread basket.
These commodities have previously been excluded from the 15 percent tax.
This tax, which is likely to increase the cost of food, was effective from February 1.
A notice in the Government gazette on January 22, showed amendments to the VAT Act by minister Chinamasa, which repealed clauses that until now had allowed the imported food commodities to be taxed at zero rate.
Goods used or consumed for agricultural purposes are also included. This move is meant to protect local goods from the influx of cheaper imports flooding the market – Source-fingaz