- FORMER, ZANU PF, NATIONAL SECRETARY FOR ADMINISTRATION, Didymus Mutasa (84) bounces back into Zanu-PF
- BULAWAYO MATERDEI HOSPITAL will charge US$ 60 for casualty, US$3000 for a general ward and US$5000 for ICU for Coronavirus.
- WHICH PARTY deserves such a party card for its brainwashed supporters...yep, I thought so,..shhhh!
- 400 ELEPHANTS FOUND DEAD, 800 TUSKS LYING UNGUARDED AND POACHING FEARS, after Hundreds of elephants have mysteriously died over the past two months in Botswana, from a possible disease or toxin in the area in the Okavango Delta by conservationists, with fears more could die from a possible disease or toxin in the area. Botswana has the largest population of elephants in Africa, around one-third of all elephants on the continent.
- OPPOSITION NELSON CHAMISA MDC ALLIANCE 'S Mberengwa North constituency co-ordinating committee secretary, Trinos Chinyoka (46), who had been missing for three days, died on Saturday after falling into an uncovered disused gold mine shaft at night at Chabudapasi Gold Mine near Yorkes business centre but was only found after searching for three days.
PROPERTY worth thousands of dollars was destroyed in a veld fire that ravaged the Great Zimbabwe national monuments on Monday.
The inferno reduced three Great Zimbabwe family lodges and two public toilets located at the historical site to ashes.
The fire broke out near Masvingo rural district council offices, some 5 km south of the monuments in the afternoon.
Great Zimbabwe monuments site regional manager Lovemore Mandima said the swift response by the Masvingo City Council fire department saved a catastrophe at the historical site.
He said the inferno threatened to wipe out the entire monuments after villagers and staff had failed to control the fire.
He said the area has over 20 fire guards but the fire spread across rapidly owing to strong winds that blew across Masvingo yesterday.
“The Shona village, great enclosure, museum and the conical tour are safe there was no damage on the actual monuments.
“If it was not a quick response from the Masvingo fire department we could be saying a different story now,” Mandima said.
He added that they are still assessing the extent of the damage caused by the inferno.
Although the cause of the fire could not be established by mid-Tuesday morning villagers around the area believe that the fire was started by a food vendor who threw burning ashes near the rural district council offices.source-newzimbabwe