- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
In a dramatic development which could have led to a seismic shift in local politics, VP Emmerson Mnangagwa last week offered to resign from his government and ruling party posts, saying he could not stand the ongoing public flogging and humiliation by Zanu-PF’s Young Turks coalesced around First Lady Grace Mugabe.
High-level sources said a concatenation of recent events led to Mnangagwa’s resignation which was, however, rejected by President Robert Mugabe. Mnangagwa has worked with Mugabe for almost 50 years and is always critical to his election strategy.
Meanwhile, one of Mnangagwa’s most vocal allies, Energy Mutodi was arrested yesterday on charges of undermining President Robert Mugabe’s authority.
Mutodi was picked up by police in Harare yesterday morning and has been in police custody at the Harare Central Police Station. He is likely to appear in court today.
Source – Zim Ind