- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko took with him an entourage of 29 people – including relatives, on taxpayers’ funds – on a two week visit to the Far East to meet with President Robert Mugabe, who is expected back from his annual vacation today.
This comes at a time when government is struggling to pay a 500,000 strong workforce while more than 105 of the country’s population faces hunger.
Sources said that Mphoko together with his 29 member entourage travelled via South Africa aboard an Air Zimbabwe plane, which includes stop overs in Dubai and Austria before he returns next week on Monday.
Sources also revealed that Mphoko was accompanied by his wife, Laurinda, his children, their spouses and grandchildren, one of whom he stays with at Rainbow Towers Hotel in Harare.
However, other sources close to the Vice President insisted that he had a 10-member delegation which included his security aides, permanent secretary, personal assistant and daughter. – Source: Zimind