- UK BASED TELEVANGELIST Prophet Uebert Angel through the Uebert Angel Foundation made a donation to disadvantaged people,at Mai Musodzi HalI in Mbare Harare .
- Hundreds flock to beaches as the "Cummings effect" of Boris Johnson's senior adviser Dominic Cummings gathers momentum
- CHIWENGA SAYS THE LATE FORMER PRESIDENT MUGABE was a murderer but he died so people should not fear death.
- I SAID, PM JOHNSON, will go down swinging, now Douglas Ross, the Conservative MP for Moray, has resigned over Cummings refusal to apologise for breaching lockdown measures
- ZIMBABWE'S Former accountant, General Daniel Muchemwa died, on Sunday morning at Dandaro Hospital in Borrowdale, Harare and the family suspects foul play
President Robert Mugabe has been implored to step down and allow other Zimbabweans to take over from him, South Africa’s opposition Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) said on Monday.
The Julius Malema led outfit said political power should not have to be taken to the grave.
“We believe that the Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe, should take a lesson and accept that other Zimbabweans can also lead whilst maintaining and sustaining his great legacy.
“He must give way and not set an example that if one does the things he did for Zimbabwean people, like land expropriation, then one must stay in power till death,” read part of the statement.
Mugabe has been in power since independence in 1980.
His spokesperson George Charamba on Monday told local media that Mugabe (92) is not contemplating retiring soon.
Zanu PF has long picked Mugabe to be the party’s presidential candidate in 2018 elections.
Added the EFF, “Political power should not have to be taken to the grave. Great political leadership in the continent ought to live to see others lead the country to demonstrate to the whole world that theirs is an immovable legacy as Fidel Castro of Cuba did. In addition, this allows them to also give guidance and counsel,”.
Last week, Malema made headlines after he called on Mugabe to step down, saying it was time for the Zimbabwean leader “to go”.
“We love Robert Mugabe for who he is, although we accept it’s time for him to step down.
“Like Castro did, handing over power to his brother, President Mugabe must do the same,”. Source – Byo24News