- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
ANOTHER WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT LIKE Wicknell Chivhayo solar project in Gwanda, Mugabe’s nephew dumps Harare water project
LATE Former President Robert Mugabe’s nephew, Leo Mugabe is under fire over failure to complete the Oddis Plant project his company and some Israelites were long contracted to work on by the Harare City Council.
The project site, which is adjacent to Morton Jaffray Waterworks, was commissioned in the 1990s and was expected to provide an additional 40 megalitres of water to parts of Harare.
Addressing the media during a tour of the water plant by Local Government Minister July Moyo and some council officials Friday, Harare Mayor, Herbert Gomba said Mugabe was paid for the job in the 1990s.
“That plant was built in the 1990s. It was meant to generate 40 mega litres for the people but it’s not working,” said Gomba.
“…Leo Mugabe was the local representative. The company is owned by him and some Israelites.”
Gomba threatened to report the matter to the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission (ZACC).
However, Mugabe is said to have then offered to finish the project.
“There are two factors around why the Oddis plant is not working,” Gomba said.
“The first one is that the contractors left and there were some payments which were done. When I made a statement to say we were going to report to ZACC, suddenly the contractors are knocking on our doors and saying can we talk so that we can finish the work that we are supposed to finish.”
Gomba has promised to have the project finished so that it could provide water to some parts of Harare.
“We are concerned that the plant is not working. As council, we are going to make a decision as to how best we can enforce so that plant starts to work. I have instructed that they come to Town House so we can see how we can address that,” he added.
City authorities were last month forced to shut down Morton Jaffray due to shortages of imported water treatment chemicals and low water levels at Lake Chivero.
Harare has been battling serious water woes for decades.
Gomba has promised to have the Oddis plant working.Source – newzimbabweWELCOME EVERYONE: 265,796 MEMBERS, 1000 new members a day. A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuos encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, polllution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘Twitter-@sibungwenor whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 265,796 Members2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,135 likes24,158 followers.Manages Newzimbabwevision
Followed by 12,671