- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
A political analyst Zexie Mashonga has questioned why former Vice President Joice Mujuru’s People First project does not face challenges on holding meetings in the country while other political parties and civic organisations were always crushed when they try to hold meetings or demonstrations.
He said this signifies that the PF is just a Zanu PF project meant to destroy the opposition and let Zanu PF rule for ever.
“Mai Mujuru of Zanu People First project is having meetings with people around the country.
Ask yourself why Zanu-PF is letting you People First run your programs smoothly, when the same regime can do this to a one man demo or arrest a pastor for holding a placard saying people are starving Mr President or disrupting a prayer meeting for Itai Dzamara…? Ask yourself why the same government allows only Mai Mujuru to gather freely and willingly, what makes them so important?” he said.
“I’m not yet convinced that this is a genuine new opposition outfit. I see a lot of Zanu PF hands all over it, I might be wrong. I can only be convinced if after forming a fully flagged party they can be part of a grand coalition to push for Reforms, taking a clear stance that no Reforms No Elections. Maybe they can convince me to recognise them as a genuine opposition party.” – Source-bulawayo24