- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
Zimbabweans , understandably view their president as a state visitor as he frequently only drops in for a change of socks and bolts off soon after that to another country.
True to his nature, Robert Mugabe , will today, leave Zimbabwe and head off to Addis Ababa in Ethiopia to attend an African Union summit.
This comes as at shock to the people as Zimbabwe continues to burns with massive intra and inter political divisions, over 90%unemployment, lack of housing, electricity, clean water supply, roads , education and health services , yet the president happily flies off with the least bit of care or concern towards the suffering and destitute Zimbabweans.
It seems Mugabe attendance is to facilitate the official handover of AU chairmanship to another African leader.
Part of Zimbabwe’s reason for a broke Zanu PF regime, stems from Mugabe’s extensive travel and costs with his entourage, which draw the bulk of state finances which could be better used towards improving Service Delivery across the board. By Sibusiso Ngwenya