- 3National Railways of ZIMBABWE workers died last night in train crash between Mutare and Machipanda
- ZANU-PF initiates MNANGAGWA third term in office campaign
- 'I and my family are Zanu- PF and will not donate to opposition '-Chivayo
- Jailed Russian Alexei Navalny an opposition leader, has died
- 2 South Africa soldiers killed, 2 wounded in DRC (SADC) training.
Sadiq khan has won a record election victory, posting 1,310,143 Votes 57% versus Zac Goldsmith (994, 614 Votes 43%,) to become London’s first Muslim mayor.
This victory is a huge bolster for Jeremy Corbyn, the labour leader after labour came third in Scotland . This shift to Labour, marked the end of an eight year run with the Conservatives in charge of London city.
Sadiq khan , the Labour representative, thanked his family, voters and campaign team for all their support and hard work in making the campaign a success.
He said his team have worked a positive campaign and admitted that the election was not short of controversy, yet it made him proud that London has today chosen hope over fear. The former Labour MP and minister, Sadiq Khan (45) ,vowed to be a mayor for all Londoners adding that, the “politics of fear is not welcome in our city”.
In congratulating the new mayor, the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn tweeted #YesWeKhan , “Can’t wait to work with you to create a London that is fair for all”. source-bbc. By Staff Reporter.