- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
Speaking to Zambian state radio President Lungu said the Zambia army is renowned in Africa and beyond to have very disciplined officers and hence he expects the new army commander to continue maintaining that discipline.
Mihova was appointed head of the army in 2011 by the late President Michael Sata.
His deputy, Major-General Jackson Miti was only recently appointed to the second most powerful position in the army.
President Lungu has been accused of cracking down on dissent since winning a contested election in 2016. Source – News24/Lusaka Times